Officially Four

As I put Samantha to bed last night we discussed her birthday and she asked me if tomorrow was going to be her birthday "officially".  To which I replied yes.  So, happy official birthday to my sweet Samantha.

I have been describing Samantha lately as a four year old in a 65 year old mind.  She talks in a proper way with a truly impressive vocabulary.  She is extremely nurturing and often worried about her friends at school and always about her baby sister that they are being a little too reckless. She is extremely focused and in her ballet class, at school or at pottery is always the most attentive to teachers and excels at following rules.  She has a heart of gold and I am often taken aback by her genuine concern for others, her sweet disposition and her incredible manners.

For some time she has been requesting a pedal bike for her birthday. She is an impressive Strider but she was ready to move on to greater things.  She was delighted to see her purple and pink (her very favorite colors), princess, pedal bike.  And, of course she chose to wear a princess dress and crown for her birthday day.  We are celebrating with the train in the park with a big party this Friday.  Happy birthday to my sweet, kind, incredibly smart and beautiful Sammy Lee.  We are so proud to be your parents!

1 comment:

Sara Louise said...

This made me cry. Just so you know.