Reading and Breastfeeding

So many people told me to get my reading in before having Samantha. Once she is born, they told me, you won't be doing any reading at all. I have found that quite the opposite has been true. I started reading during the middle of the night feedings to help me get back to sleep and I realized that reading while breastfeeding was much better than staring off into space, watching TV or letting my mind wander. Plus, it is a great use all that time I spend feeding Samantha - I think I have been averaging about a book a week.

For over a year my mom and younger sister have been encouraging me to read "the vampire book" as they call it. My mom brought over Twilight while I was on bed rest and it wasn't until about a month ago that I finally decided to read it. After reading the first 20 pages, I explained to my younger sister that this teen book was rather juvenile for me. I told her that I would read this one but no others in the series (there are 4 books total in the saga).

I had to quickly call Madeline and apologize as I couldn't put the book down. I was also calling to ask if she could bring me the second book. I never got hooked to the Harry Potter books but I imagine that the obsession I have is similar to what everyone was raving about. It is fair to say that I am hooked on the vampire books! I am sad that I am almost finished with the fourth and final book now but I recommend them to anyone looking for a thrilling and fun series.

1 comment:

drpasser said...

Whoa!
We just watched a very intriguing new show last night on HBO called
True Blood. Vampires are cool.

Try:
"The Language of Letting Go"
by Melody Beattie

Love You,
Kevin