The FAKE Santa!

I will warn you that this story is not very politically correct. Today we took Samantha to get her first picture taken with Santa. She looked adorable and smiled for Santa - I'll scan the picture soon so you can see.

As we made plans for the visit to Santa, I was thinking about a funny Santa experience I had as a kid. When I was about 5 years old we went to visit my grandparents in Oklahoma for Christmas. I remember this Christmas really well, probably because I was at an age where I wholeheartedly believed in Santa Claus. I can recall being concerned about how Santa would find me in Oklahoma if he knew I lived in Colorado.

My Grandma got me all decked out in my new Denver Broncos cheerleading outfit that she made for me and we set off to the mall to get my photo taken with Santa. As my Grandma tells it, as we walked into the mall I gasped and exclaimed to her "Oh no Grandma! It's a FAKE!" Being the accommodating young girl that I was (and a good actress) I went ahead and climbed onto this so-called Santa's lap and got my photo taken. So, why was I so sure that it was a fake you ask? My Grandma scanned the picture here for me to share the answer with all of you.

1 comment:

mbrantz said...

actually, i believe that is the real santa. in the summers, he gets like 24 hours of sun and that makes for a very tan man.