Smooth Traveling

After our trip to Florida, I definitely had my reservations about our trip to Nebraska for Thanksgiving and the family reunion. I felt like I had just gotten Samantha back to a normal sleep routine after the first trip and I was not looking forward to being away from home again.

I am happy to report that we had a wonderful trip. For starters, the hour long flight was a breeze. We stayed at Aunt Patty and Uncle Steve's house which made things so easy. They have a beautiful and large home with plenty of room for all of us. They also have a great set up with a crib, monitor and toys. Aunt Patty made sure we had everything we needed for Samantha and it was great to be at a house for the holiday and events so that if it was nap time, Samantha could sleep rather than miss her nap or have a meltdown.

It was so fun to see everyone and visit with the cousins. And, thanks to my mother in law Judy, I even got to do some extra things like get a pedicure and go to a party while Samantha was settled and happy with her Grammy.

Next up...Aspen after Christmas. With parents like us, Samantha is going to have to learn how to be a good traveler one way or another!

2 comments:

mbrantz said...

with parents like you, sammy is going to have to learn a whole lot of things!

can you believe how totally skinny i have gotten!

great to see you over thanksgiving!!! can't wait for aspen!!!!!!!

GrandmaG said...

Carly, I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm happy you have such a wonderful mother-in-law and Aunt Patty. How great for Sammy that she's in such a nice family.
To Aunt Molly-what's your trick for being so skinny? Love you and God Bless, Grandma