48 Hours Away

Before Samantha was born I was sure I was going to be one of those moms that left her daughter for long weekends, went out to dinners without her and had a long list of babysitters lined up. But, the truth is, I don't really like being away from her for very long. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a few hours away. I've talked about my job being a very positive experience and my mother in law watches her while I workout twice a week and I really treasure the "me" time that gives me.

This weekend we are going for the weekend to a friend's wedding in Detroit and leaving Samantha for the first time ever. She will stay with my parent's and my cousin and her family are in town as well so she will have plenty of company.

I know she will be in good hands but it still makes me sick thinking about it. My mom says she can't decide if I am worried because I think Samantha will miss us too much or because Samantha won't miss us at all!

2 comments:

drpasser said...

It is good to be away from each other for a short while. It is a tough deal. You may cry. Especially when reunited when you return. And I think sharing your feelings on this blog is quite healthy and also special. Samantha will like to read these when she is older.

GrandmaG said...

I remember the first time we left your mom Ava with the Allen grandparents and went on a little fishing trip with my parents and Jack. I couldn't wait to get back! But it's so good to get away for awhile. Love you, Grandma