Caught Off Guard

I would not say I am an overly emotional person. Sure, those weeks when my hormones were raging out of control after giving a birth, I was a regular crier but generally speaking, I don't cry too much.

Since becoming a mother, I have been overwhelmed by just that: being a mom, a few times when I was least expecting it. One was today at work. I volunteered to help out with the opening activities for "Bring Your Daughter and Son to Work Day". As I walked into the room, I was struck first by how many kids were there. We had a fantastic turn out of close to 30 kids. Then, I just looked at all those faces with their unique personalities and thought of what Samantha would be like, or look like, at age 4, 7 or 12 and I got all choked up.

Parenthood is an adventure and Samantha changes every day. Today I couldn't help but realize that we are just getting started. Samantha is just beginning to show sides of her little personality. She is a picky eater (like her Dad), a bit bossy (like her Tia Molly)and a chatty Cathy (I guess I'll take credit for this). I can't wait to see what kind of person she develops into over the years to come.

2 comments:

drpasser said...

I think you will come to find out, that each age is better than the previous age. It only gets better and is amazing. Just wait until you have another. Double your fun.

GrandmaG said...

I recall that on one occasion, our surgery charge nurse made out a bunch of awards for everyone for a party we were having. I got the "Chatty Cathy" award! :) So I guess Sammy takes after me and all my 14 girls. We all have the gift of gab and are friendly. It's sure better than being a snob. Hugs and Blessings, Grandma