Another Deleted Blog Post

I had this very cheery blog post up earlier today.  It was all about how we just enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with dear friends and that tomorrow Dave and I were heading to Spain.  Taking a few extra days before a work conference I am attending to head to the beach and enjoy a vacation together for the first time we have traveled just the two of us since our honeymoon.

My bags were packed and Dave was buzzing around adding his things to the suitcases when he came into the living room to tell me he had just looked at his passport and it was expired.  Expired...in November 2009.  

Tomorrow I am off to Barcelona alone.  Dave is going to do his best to get a new passport, a new plane ticket and meet me eventually but it won't be for a few days even in the best case scenario.  Lately I have felt like the the ball is just not in my court.  

2 comments:

Kristi said...

oh no!!!! we just realized that ours expired in '08 and '09 and are getting them renewed for who knows when and who knows what trip. the same thing would have happened to us, too. I am so sorry carlita! I would say I wish I could go with you instead, but I obviously don't have a passport either. What a bummer!!!!

Sara Louise said...

I will go find the ball and take it from whoever's court it is currently in. That is YOUR ball.