Beautiful Barcelona

I realize I can be quite dramatic.  In my last post, the depression of things not working out just right led me to neglect telling you a few things.  First, I speak Spanish.  Second, I did a special project in college all about Gaudi, the famous Spanish architect.  I have been dying to see La Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera and Parc Guell for ages and they are all in Barcelona. In other words, I'm not helpless and the situation is not horrible.

So, here I am in Barcelona.  The sun is shining and Dave worked out all his passport issues and will be here in the morning.  When I arrived early this morning my hotel room wasn't ready so I walked to La Sagrada Familia.  It was even more incredible, gigantic and awe inspiring than I imagined.  Just when you think you have seen it's entirety, you turn the corner and see more massive towers, intricate stone carvings and bizarre peaks.  It was amazing.  Then I sat and had cafe con leche and read my book at a magical little European cafe.  Barcelona reminds me a lot of a Buenos Aires and NYC fusion. 

Now I'm off to enjoy the sunshine and some sangria.  Reading in my Spain book on the plane I realized, I needed more time in Barcelona to do the things I wanted to do.  It all works out in the end!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a difference a day makes! Dave is at the airport as I write.

GrandmaG said...

My dear sweet granddaughter, I haven't been on the computer in 2 weeks, so was missing out. One of my favorite scriptures"Things work out to the good for those who love Him according to His purpose" (paraphrased) Love your blog-you're wonderful