Delightful

I've always considered myself a baby person.  I love the way babies smell, how warm and snugly they are and all of their tiny parts.  Honestly, I was worried I would lose interest in kids once they passed the baby stage and entered into toddlerdom.  I have been so pleasantly surprised at how much fun I am having with Samantha these days. 

I know that I joke sometimes about her being bossy or obstinate but I have to point out now that she is also genuinely sweet. She is always hugging me and showing affection.  After I sneeze she now says to me "Bless you Mom" and the other day when we were out shopping she said to me "Mommy is so cute" - what's not to love about that?

Samantha loves her babies too.  Her favorite is Daisy, followed closely by Sue and then Nancy.  Wherever we go, the babies all come along as well.  If one of them is missing there is a bit of hysteria with a "Where's Sue?" or a "I need Daisy".  After she slipped and dropped her baby I heard her say  "Goodness gracious Daisy!". In the mornings when we go wake her up (yes, we have to wake her up or she would sleep until 9 am) she rolls over, smiles and says to us "Still sleeping" or "I'm sleeping a little more with Daisy and Sue".    

I stop in my tracks all the time and think to myself "I love being her mom".  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being Samantha's dad and Carly's husband - That is delightfulness times two!

Dave B.

GrandmaG said...

I love being Samantha's great ma, Carly's grandmother, and Ava's mother. I remember when both Ava & Carly said cute things like Sammy.
Delightful is one of my favorite words. I say it southern with a real long iiii. And Samantha is so delightful now. But just wait until Carina Kay gets here, and we'll see what she says cute. :)