Empowered

Life has been chaotic these days.  Dave is doing a lot of networking and schmooze events, I'm trying to connect with my new coworkers by going to softball games and lunches, Carina is crawling and into everything, Samantha is becoming more imaginative and creative, I've had a few work trips, I'm still breastfeeding and Carina usually does not sleep through the night.

All that and I have to tell you that I can't remember the last time I felt so happy.  Don't get me wrong, I'm tired and at times it definitely feels like a wild juggling act.  But what a feeling to be able to (for the most part) keep all the balls in the air.  My job is stimulating and I'm excited about what I'm doing and what the company is starting.  I still feel like I'm really involved with the girls and thanks to my mom and my mother in law, I feel like they are always in the best of hands.

I've talked before about prioritizing life and as a parent how difficult that can be.  However, lately I have this sneaking suspicion that it may be possible to have it all. Could that be?  I may not exercise as much as I want to, read every book club book or keep in touch with as many friends as I'd like, but I feel like both Dave and I are accomplishing a lot at home and at work and we are kicking ass doing it.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Carly,
I loved your blog today. Life is all about being grateful, and it is obvious that you are! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Riley is coming with me, but Jordan will be in St. Louis for his Fall break. SEE YOU SOON!