What a Difference Some Sleep Makes!

For whatever reason, ever since our trip to Florida, Samantha has not been sleeping well. Last week was difficult and Samantha began waking in the night to eat which she has not done for almost two months. I was irritable and emotional, it is hard to go without sleep but it is even harder to go without sleep while you work and entertain friends.

I have also been putting off moving Samantha into her crib at night. She has slept in her bassinet next to our bed from the beginning and I love being able to peek at her at any moment. I was really having abandonment issues putting her in the other room. But, I decided on Friday that it was time to make the move (God help me when she leaves for college). She slept okay on Friday and Saturday night but I didn't...I was glued to the monitor and racing into her room after any peep.

Then, this morning I awoke after more than 8 glorious, uninterrupted hours of sleep and felt a wave of panic. I looked to monitor and the light was off, the battery had died! I ran to her room where she was making some fussy noises and immediately began to feel guilty. Guilty yes, but refreshed too. Plus, everyone tells me that if she was really crying and needed me, I would have heard her - her room is about two feet from ours after all. I have to admit, I feel like a new person - I might have to turn the monitor off more often!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only dream of that right now...sounds amazing! Looking forward to this weekend! Ash

Anonymous said...

HAHA You sound just like me with presley!! Lola is so easy because I am not so worried. If it makes you feel better lola is 26inches and 17 pounds at 4months. Who ever said she was to fat needs to be slaped. Babies are not fat!!

Jstwilson said...

Ha! My doctor told me you SHOULD turn the monitor off when sleeping on the same floor. I do that with Maya now, and believe me, I hear her when she needs me. When she was about 5 months old the same thing happened to me -- only she was at the other end of my in-laws house and I would never had heard her, so I felt REALLY guilty about it. It was my first night's sleep in forever, though, and I've only had a few since. I hope you fare better!