Missing Mom

As I said last week, I took the week off to stay with Samantha while my parents and sister were on vacation in the Dominican Republic. During the week, on top of sleep training, we had a huge blizzard in Colorado and we were trapped at home. I was feeling very stir crazy, ready to go back to work and more than anything missing my mom.

Besides Samantha, I spend more time with my mom than anyone else, even Dave. Not even talking to her for over a week is rough on me - I still have one more day until she returns!

Of course I love Samantha and spending time with her but I understand that adult interaction is incredibly important. I was grateful this week that I work. And I was also thankful that my mom and I have each other throughout the week. Now, I'm ready for her to come home.

2 comments:

GrandmaG said...

My dear sweet granddaughter, I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful relationship with your mom. Your experience gave me flashbacks of when Ava was a toddler and Paula a baby. We only had one car and lived 9 miles from your GG. But once a week, I'd ride into ElDorado with Arnold and spend the day with Mother and Daddy. They always looked forward to me, as I did them. Loving you more each day. Grandma P.S. I'm glad your mom is home too!

drpasser said...

Awe