Not So Competitive Running

It started out simple enough, Angie mentioned we should both plan to run the Bolder Boulder. As I stated here, I like to copy Angie, so obviously I agreed to her latest idea. I wanted to run the race even though I am a slow runner. Seems that no matter how much I run, I just don't go very fast. I blame my short legs.

Anyway, later that day a work email circulated about a Return Path team for the Bolder Boulder. I wrote to get more information and before you know it, I had been recruited for the "competitive" team. The truth is, they needed a female for the team so I was pressured into it. How could I say no to the CEO?

So, here comes my latest endeavor. Mainly I am going to try not to embarrass myself but I would like to do the 10k in about an hour. Dave drives me crazy because he doesn't work out all year long and then every year he runs the Bolder Boulder in incredible time. His goal is always to run the less than an hour which is what I am going to strive to do. Time to start training!

1 comment:

Angie said...

You've got tons of time to train... you'll do great! I literally started from scratch this week. And the altitude has me kinda terrified, truth be told. But I'm really looking forward to it!