Busy

We have been busy to say the least and I feel like I am just getting a chance to breathe. We have been gone for 4 weekends in a row! After Hawaii we went up to the mountains for Dave's family reunion. Molly and Brian were in town for the reunion and the Rays/Rockies match up so Samantha went to her first baseball game seen here. In other exciting news, Molly and Brian got engaged! Then last weekend Dave and I went to different weddings - I went to Houston to watch my best friend get married and Dave went to Oregon for our good college friend Karen's wedding.

Samantha is into everything and very active. I have very mixed feelings about her upcoming birthday. What an incredible year it has been but I'm sad that it's already over! I just moved her into the next size of car seats and she really seems like a big girl lately.

In addition to being on the move, she is also very vocal. She sings and blabbers away all day and according to my records she has about 8 words that she uses (none of which include Mommy!). They are: Daddy, dog, go, baby, Josh, hi, yes, kiss.

6 comments:

drpasser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
drpasser said...

You've heard it said, I am sure, that kids learn the word "NO" first, well, it's kind of cool Samantha has not yet learned that. Just "YES" among others. Maybe it's reverse psychology.

GrandmaG said...

Samatha and all her family are so adorable. I loved the photo's. I can't believe she's almost one-year old! Can't wait to see her, Hugs to all, Grandma Gentry

Anonymous said...

P.S. I took Presley to the Dr. McCulloh's yesterday. He said,"She is so cute!" All you grandchildren are cute--I mean it--it's genetic, isn't it? GG Gentry

Angie said...

Don't worry - the Bug even said "avocado" before she said "Mama"... but when she needs a boo-boo kissed, she does not turn to that most delicious of fruits. It's Mommy every time!

And cliche as it may be, every day will continue to be more fun than the last... So just enjoy her first b-day! There is no need to feel sad!!

stephschneider said...

Two things I love about this post...1) Carly breaking the Molly & Brian engagement news on her blog and 2) that "Josh" is one of her first words, so cute.
She'll get to mommy soon, Carly!