Who Would Have Thought?

As we approach Samantha's first birthday I have realized that one thing is clear - I have been obsessed with breastfeeding. From early anxiety here before she was born, to trouble getting started here, and then to how much I loved it here, the topic of breastfeeding has come up more than anything else.

Also in these blog posts I have promised a few things that I have faltered on. For example, I condemned mothers breastfeeding in public but then just a few short weeks after giving birth I was doing the same myself. I even said I wouldn't write blog posts about breastfeeding anymore which is obviously not the case and I swore that I would not continue breastfeeding past the year mark. But, here I am, days before her first birthday and I am still nursing away and writing a blog about it.

So today I'm not going to make any grand promises, I have "started" the weaning process but while feeling the need to connect with my baby who is almost a year old, I snuck in some extra feedings over the weekend - yikes! I am much more of a Boulder mom than I ever imagined. Maybe I should see if La Leche League needs volunteers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the nursing police now and only allow one lunch feeding while I'm in charge.

GrandmaG said...

Carly, you're doing a wonderful job with Sammy. Keep up the good work. To Dr. Passer-our Sammy is going to be a 'stong-willed' child. She has a mind of her own.
Wonder who she took that after? Hugs and Kisses, Grandma Gentry