A Great Aunt

Poor Samantha, she has so many relatives to keep track of. Both Dave and I have a large extended family but Dave definitely has me beat. Mainly because on their side of the family they stay in touch with third cousins and people who aren't even really related. They are all called cousins, I think I'm the only one who has kept track of how they are related.

One relationship that is very special is the one my mother in law Judy has with her sister Patty. They lost their parents many years ago and the two are not just close sisters but they also sub in for parents and grandparents for the other in many ways.

Patty came to visit shortly after Samantha was born, we spent Thanksgiving with her last year in Omaha, she came to babysit for Samantha while we were in Kansas City AND she just came to Boulder to accompany Grandma Carol. Samantha loves her Great Aunt Patty. And, even though she has grand kids of her own, Patty manages to make Samantha feel very special. Aunt Patty is my top reason so far to have another baby, I want Samantha to have a sister like her Grammy does.

2 comments:

noggster said...

WOW. That was really sweet, Carly. I agree. The Lee sisters are one of a kind.

drpasser said...

I think you're already pregnant but haven't said it.
BTW-Cute pic. Nice.