Patience IS a Virtue

Today I had my first real embarrassing moment with Samantha as far as behavior is concerned. I'm not going to dissect the experience too much, we have had a tough couple of days and we all have our moments.

I'll start by saying that on Thursday evening as I was driving home, I was stopped at a light with Samantha in the car when we were rear ended. It was a decent hit and Samantha was screaming. I turned on my signal assuming that the car who hit us would pull over as well but by the time I had turned into a parking lot and called the police, the person who hit us was long gone.

Samantha and I both seem to be alright, just shook up. My car has a good amount of damage and it is frustrating to have to pay the $500 deductible to have it fixed but that's life.

Today we went to meet my friends Sara and Autumn for lunch to celebrate Autumn's birthday. Not sure what the problem was but Samantha was unhappy there from the start. She started out by dumping her water on the table. This progressed into her throwing most things off the table, crying, retching around, refusing to eat anything and pushing me. Luckily I was with friends! I've never seen anything like it from her and once we were home she seemed happy to lay down and have some time to regroup. After that, I needed nap time too!

2 comments:

April said...

Poor Mommy! It is exhausting being the mom of a crazy toddler sometimes isn't it.

Sara Keane said...

The good thing is that both Sammy and YOU were still very fun to be around. And Sammy is so stinking cute that she can't do any wrong in my eyes. :)