Debbie Downer

I have had a rough couple of weeks. I'm in a funk that I can't quite shake and generally feeling sorry for myself about a wide range of things that I don't need to get into here. Just yesterday I was driving out of Boulder...heading to the dentist and feeling grouchy about that when I got pulled over for speeding and was given a $100 ticket. Talk about the law of attraction.

I know, I know, there are a lot of wonderful things around me to be grateful for. I need to work on my gratitude. I think I'll buy a journal and start writing down things I am thankful for. The first thing I will write is that during the past few weeks, as I have felt down in the dumps, Samantha has become incredibly comforting and has taken to snuggling up close. When I leave for work she gives me long hugs and pats my back. I think she knows I need a little extra love lately.

6 comments:

Sara Louise said...

Damn police. As if there weren't serious problems to solve.

Sammy has been very sweet lately, just like her mama. xoxo

Anonymous said...

i love you brother...I am grateful for you....i have been thinking about you as I sing "why do birds suddenly appear everytime you are near" to soph before she goes to bed, makes me think of us singing it in high school and subjecting our friends to it :) imiss you

drpasser said...

Count your blessings..!!

GrandmaG said...

My dear sweet granddaughter, When your grandpa was on strike with Skelly, I worked for this lady who had a stroke. I made $25.00 for one weekend. I was speeding coming home to get the girls off to school. You guessed it, my fine was $25.00. You are so sweet to count your blessings. I certainly am blessed to have you for a granddaughter. Love you so much

GrandmaG said...

My dear sweet granddaughter, I stayed at night with this lady who had a stroke. That was when Skelly was on strike. I was speeding coming home to get the girls off to school. You guessed it. My ticket was $25.00. You are sweet to count your blessings. I certainly am blessed to have you for my granddaughter. Love you much.

GrandmaG said...

I'm sorry I repeated myself. I had a terrible time--didn't think it had printed.