Confessions of a Boulderite

I tried to pretend for awhile on this blog that I am not a "typical" Boulderite.  But by now, if you have been reading, you know that I exercise regularly, recycle, I breastfed Samantha until after her first birthday, my husband drives a Subaru and I did mom and baby yoga. I am Boulder!

I have recently become quite obsessed with yoga.  Hot Core Power Yoga to be exact.  This is yoga you do in a room that is about 100 degrees.  I don't know what it is but it is the only exercise that I have ever done in my life that I truly enjoy while I'm doing it.  It is also the only thing I've ever done that my mind is calm the entire time.  Once I am done, I feel like I just got a massage.  If only running could do that!

This week I'm really turning up the notch of my Boulder ways.  Tonight I will be attending an Evening of Meditation and Wisdom with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.  I have seen him in the past, actually while I studied in Costa Rica.  Tonight they are promising "a unique opportunity to sit with Sri Sri, experience deep meditation, gain insights into relationships and soak in wisdom. Plus, he is adorable and I love saying his name...just try it.

Then on Saturday, I will be attending a Know and Flow workshop at the yoga studio.  It's going to be a yoga and astrology day where we do two sets of yoga and in between we have our astrological charts read.  This is pretty hokie, even for me.  Makes me giggle every time I think of it, but I'm excited to see what it's all about!

I will share any profound wisdom and insights I learn this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry your know and flow got cancelled.