Performance Review

Word on the streets is that there is a war raging between stay at home moms and working moms.  Everyone is set on defending their choices.  I must say that I couldn't be happier to work, although I have quite an ideal work situation being in the office a few days a week and working from home (and close to Samantha) for the other days.  I don't think it is right or wrong to work or stay at home.  More than anything, I feel like you make choices that are right for you and you do what you have to do. 

All of that being said, I just had a great performance review.  I wrote last year how I dread these yearly reviews.  But, this year was great!  I had a lot of positive feedback and it was clear that the areas I am focused on and trying to improve upon have been successful.  Of course there is always room for improvement but it is nice to see that others are taking note of my progress.  I have hit my stride at work and I'm feeling like an old dog can learn new tricks!

After my review I got to thinking of how rewarding it was to get in writing that people appreciate the work I am doing and that I am taking feedback I have gotten and making improvements.  I was also reminded of what a thankless job being a stay at home mom or a caretaker can be.  

I wanted to take note of what an amazing job my mom is doing with Samantha.  It sure makes it easier for me to have a fullfilling career when I know Samantha is so well taken care of.  My mom plays with Samantha, encourages her, reads to her and demonstrates her love every day of the week.  Over the past few weeks my mom has been very focused on the areas that the speech therapist has recommended and you can see the progress Samantha is making already.  In addition, my mom has been taking Samantha to activity classes and getting her more comfortable with other kids.  From what I hear, every time she goes she is more social and participating with the group.  Way to go, Grandma gets an A+ on her performance review!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank is too sweet, Carly. I have a few tears.

Unknown said...

I mean, "that" is too sweet.

GrandmaG said...

I must say that I am so very proud of my daughter, my granddaughter, and my great granddaughter. My buttons are popping. Way to go--my dear sweet girls. Love you much, from Sammy's great grandmother