Date Night

This month Dave is taking pottery class every Thursday evening with our friend Sara.  He started doing pottery in high school and has since found great enjoyment doing pottery at this old school house/pottery lab up on the Hill in Boulder. 

This has left Samantha and I alone every Thursday evening and so far, we have used the opportunity to dine out together.  I love this for many reasons.  I love special mother/daughter time with her and it is exciting to me that she is mature enough to sit calmly and enjoy a meal out with me, she is very good with utensils so she doesn't make a mess and of course I appreciate that she loves Mexican food as much as I do. She absolutely loves chips and salsa and people always stop to comment on her dipping skills.  In fact, when we are driving back from work/Grandma's house and I ask if she would like to eat rice, beans, chips and salsa for dinner she begins to giggle excitedly and proclaim "YES!"

1 comment:

Patty said...

OK...now I know what we will be doing one night when Grammy brings Sammy to visit us this summer!