Mommy Do It

Samantha is in a serious Mommy phase right now.  Of course when I am pregnant and especially worn out, it is a constant "Mommy take me out of car seat" or "Mommy read me books" or "Mommy change diaper" - Mommy must do it all.  Although I am tired, I will admit that I love that she wants me close.  I figure I should soak this up as it won't be long until she is a teenager, slamming doors and telling me to get lost.

Dave is an especially good sport because usually when she proclaims her Mommy preference it is tied with a "No, not Daddy, Mommy do it!". I know she is two, but sometimes she is downright hurtful.  I would have a hard time with it but Dave takes it in stride.   The other night when Sammy threw a big Mommy fit before bed I explained that she had hurt Daddy's feelings and that she should apologize.  I have to say that it was incredibly adorable as she opened the door, walked down the hallway and said "Daddy...I sorry".  It's truly amazing how she is really soaking it all in these days.

I'm in Washington D.C. for work this week so Samantha and Daddy are having some good bonding time - Mommy free. 

1 comment:

April said...

We have had a long mommy only stretch too! I was thinking it may have to do with the pregnancy and knowing things are going to change soon. It is always so sad when she says 'not you daddy, I want mommy' or I wont hug you, I want to hug mommy!' I feel so bad for Jacob!