Smooth Landing

This month has been a roller coaster of emotions for me on the work front.  My mom was right when she said, "Getting laid off is like a bad breakup and is heartbreaking, until you start going out and getting hit on by a bunch of good looking suitors".  The week after I got laid off I sent my resume into three places, all three places looked like they would be an exceptional fit for my background and what I was looking for.  All three called and I immediately had a week full of interviews.  Two weeks after I got laid off, I had a really exciting job offer and I had to turn down other interested companies.  Now, that was the ego boost I needed!

I've always said that everything happens for a reason.  Dave and I argue about this philosophy because he believes that things don't happen haphazardly but rather you create your destiny. Over the years I believe there are pieces of both that are true.  I would have never left my job but getting laid off pushed me to find a much better opportunity for me.    I also got an extra month of maternity leave to spend with my sweet girls.  Now, I'm gearing up to go back to work mid July.  Doesn't hurt that my new office is right downtown on Pearl Street about 5 minutes from our house.  It was certainly not the turn of events that I expected but I couldn't have imagined a better outcome. 

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carly - You are a smart, skilled, hard-working, fun, beautiful and amazing woman. I'm so proud of you for finding a new (and better) job so quickly!