Nostalgia

I am feeling nostalgic that my baby girl, Samantha Lee is turning 3.  After further inspection on Wikipidia, nostalgia is defined as: A yearning for the past, often in idealized form.[1] The word is a learned formation of a Greek compound, consisting of νόστος (nóstos), meaning "returning home", a Homeric word, and ἄλγος (álgos), meaning "pain, ache". It was described as a medical condition, a form of melancholy, in the Early Modern period, and came to be an important topic in Romanticism.[1]

I don't feel the ache to go back to when she was smaller and I certainly don't feel any desire to go back to the experience of getting her into the world.  I do wish I remembered more of every moment with her, it sure has gone fast.

Samantha is an amazing little girl.  Genuinely sweet, gentle and very kind.  She soaks up the world around her and sees and hears everything.  She is funny and sensitive at the same time.  She is everything I always wanted and more.  Happy 3rd birthday sweet Samantha.

2 comments:

Great Ma said...

Carly, you certainly have a way with words. You express yourself so well. I agree that Samantha is an amazing little girl-and blessed with wonderful parents and grand-parents. Happy 3rd Birthday to Samantha Lee. I love you! Great Ma

Patty said...

What about her wonderful aunts???? Just kidding! Sammy, Uncle Steve and Aunt Patty wish you a wonderful birthday!!! We love you so much!!!!