Work, Guilt and Letting Go

I've almost completed my first two weeks of work and the transition could not have gone smoother.  The people I work with are sharp, fun and innovative.  My 5 minute commute to Pearl Street is amazing.  My  manager is encouraging but gives me free reign to develop marketing programs that I believe will be successful.  We end every week with a BBQ on our outdoor patio that overlooks the Flatirons, for a native of Boulder, it couldn't get any better. 

Of course I miss the girls and it is the challenge every working parent faces, I feel guilty being away from them and then I also feel guilty when I am enjoying what I'm doing away from them.  Both Dave and I talk a lot about the value I am providing - giving the girls an example of  a successful, working mom who enjoys what I do while also loving them whole heartedly. 

The main thing I have been stressing about is breastfeeding/pumping.  Because I was anticipating being home with Carina three days a week, I didn't stock pile a lot of milk over the months I was on maternity leave.  Now, I'm running low on supply and it looks like I'll most likely need to do some formula to supplement.  Of course this isn't the end of the world but it feels like it and I'm beating myself up about the idea of it.  It's one of many things I need to give myself a break on and let go.

2 comments:

Great Ma said...

Carly, my dear sweet granddaughter,
You are wonderful! And express your
self so well. Thank you again for this blog. I'm happy that you're happy with your new job. You are a loving, caring mother, a sweet wife, a compassionate fried, and the sweetest girl on earth! YOU MUST HAVE HAD A GOOD MOTHER! :) :)

Great Ma said...

I didn't proof read my comment.
You are a compassionate FRIEND, not fried. Your laugh for the day! Love you much, Grandma
P.S. It's hotter than a hen in a wool basket here in Southern OK.!
No rain in sight!