Carina's Winter One-derland



We celebrated Carina's first birthday with her own winter one-derland.  Keeping with our theme, mother nature supplied about a foot of snow the day before the party and it was a chilly day.  My friend Ayeisha helped me create a bunch of pom pom ball decorations in various colors (snowballs of course) and I cut out snowflakes to go around a big collage of Carina's first year of life.

My very talented friend Deirdre, who is a pastry chef, created cupcakes to match the theme with snowflakes, hearts and the letter C and then the most amazing cake with a little snowman on top.

The birthday girl was all smiles as usual and she seemed quite pleased with herself after hearing the crowd sing Happy Birthday to her.  She has been pretty darn adorable showing people she is one and putting up her finger when people ask as you can see here with Grammy.  She usually has a sweet tooth and I was shocked she didn't eat the cake although, that was the start of her hunger strike!  You can see all the photos of the big event here.

1 comment:

Great Ma said...

Carly, my sweet, wonderful grand-
daughter, I have been to hundreds of birthday parties & baby showers.
I have NEVER seen such beautiful, clever decorations in my LIFE! You, Ayeisha, and Deirdre outdid yourselves! You all could go into a business! What really helped is that you had a oh-so-cute smiley subject to center around. I sure wanted a piece of that cake! And Oh--how I would loved to have been there. Loved the "one finger" photo of Carina & Grammy. Love you, Grandma