Happy Birthday Carina!

This year has come and gone so quickly, it is hard to imagine our lives without our little, spunky, adventurous, sunshiny girl. Happy 1st birthday Carina Jean Brantz! 

If you remember, I was very skeptical that it would possible to love a second child as much as I loved Samantha. After one year with Carina Jean, the notion that I could not have more than enough love for both of them is just ridiculous.  They are so completely different and I love that too, it is almost as if Carina has taught me new and different ways to love. 

Carina is truly magical. Everywhere we go people ask if she is always so smiley and happy. She captures the attention of strangers and her cheerful disposition is contagious.  People walk away from her smiling too.  I know I do.

In preparation for her big day, Carina has officially started walking!  She went from taking a step here and there to just going for it and walking across the room.  Apparently she has also decided that as a one year old, she no longer can eat “baby” food and has been on a bit of a hunger strike - shaking her head no whenever she sees a spoonful coming her way. With only two teeth, I’m having a hard time coming up with what to feed her and dreading her weigh in and the one year checkup.

I’ll have more on her first birthday party we had last weekend and of course a video of her wobbly walking later in the week!    Happy birthday CJ Smiley!

1 comment:

Great Ma said...

Carly, Thank you! Thank you! for sending this. I've been waiting anxiously to see Carina at 1 year! She is so cute, adorable, precious and delightful! You, her daddy, and her sister are truly blessed! Loving you more each day! Grandma
I sang to Carina today. Now you give her a big birthday kiss for me.