Getting Into the Swing of Things

I apologize for the lack of news, it is not because things are uneventful around here. Samantha is almost four weeks old now which makes me sad because the past few weeks have gone so quickly. She is growing fast and weighed 8 lbs 6 ounces on Friday - even though the breastfeeding is still a bit painful for me, she is apparently getting what she needs which is good.

She has a really wonderful personality, people ask us often if we realize what a good baby she is. She truly seems content and she doesn't cry often, if she does it is usually because she is hungry. Samantha has fantastic expressions. It blows me away how she makes the same faces that Dave and I do, it is hysterical to see the perturbed look that Dave has coming from a tiny baby. I would even say she is a pretty darn good sleeper lately. She goes for about 3-5 hour stretches which really means one middle of the night feeding and some decent sleep for us all.

We have had a very, very steady stream of visitors. Everyone has been very supportive and loving, bringing dinners and gifts for the baby. It is also really nice when we have some uninterrupted alone time and feel like we are adjusting to our new life as a family.

1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

To Samantha's parents--I'm counting
the days until I get to see your precious baby and laugh at her expressions. I will be arriving in Denver, Sunday evening at 7:15p. See you soon. I Love You, Grandma