Home Sweet Home

Yes, we are finally home and getting settled with Samantha. We were so happy to get out of the hospital on Tuesday after a full week stay, we all even slept quite a bit that first night home. Yesterday we got the clean bill of health on the jaundice from the doctor so we don't have to worry about using the lights on the baby and we can just cuddle as much as we want to. Even Javier seems to be adjusting well.

I am feeling pretty good physically but I can definitely feel the pain after not much activity which is frustrating. I'm also feeling very emotional. Everyone talks about postpartum depression or having the baby blues...this is not what I feel. I would say that overall, the way to describe what I am feeling is "overwhelmed". Overwhelmed by how much I love Samantha, overwhelmed by how perfect she is and how blessed I feel, overwhelmed by how tired I am, about the phone calls we are receiving, about the visitors who come by, the physical pain I feel, getting started feeding with the baby and by how much life changed in the last week. Most of it is good, but it brings on some tears a few times a day. It has been so nice to have Dave home with me this week.

We have been taking pictures like crazy so I will make sure to post them in the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have entered into a new phase of life that is more than you can imagine, but so endearing. We are very happy Samantha is home, healthy, and happy. Cherish every moment because they pass by so quickly. Our love to all of you.

Uncle Randy and Aunt Marcia

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the new phase where your life is no longer about you anymore. It's a pretty amazing transition. Isn't the love for your child just the most incredible thing you have ever felt? Wow! Congrats again! Much Alohas!