Samantha Lee Brantz

We are very happy to share the news of the arrival of our baby girl Samantha. Most of you now know that Samantha arrived on Thursday, July 3rd at 5:18 pm. She weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and was 20.5 inches long. It was quite an adventure bringing her into the world. I feel like the doctors (and I) did everything we possibly could to get the baby to come out without surgery but in the end she was not faced the right way and even though I pushed for hours we ended up with a c-section....and a baby with a cone head to show my efforts!

It was really difficult and the craziest thing I have ever been through but I would do it again today to have Samantha. She is so beautiful, I can't stop looking at her. My mom told me once that when you have a child it is like having your heart running around outside your body. I love her so much, I can't even explain it.

We are STILL at the hospital, pretty soon they will be naming this wing after us. We were ready to go home today but the baby is jaundice so she has to be under this lamp for the day and we will hopefully head home tomorrow after a full week here. I am getting up now pretty well and we are ready to get home and start our new life with Sammy. I'm including some pictures, as you can see, we are all very smitten by the baby. Thank you for all your emails and kind messages. It continues to be an adventure but worth every minute.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. So I'm a little late to the party, but a huge congrats to you both! Especially you Carly. Sounds like quite the ordeal. But Samantha is beautiful and you guys are going to be the best parents ever (please don't give my mom and dad a link to this).

Lots of love from Seattle! Ben

drpasser said...

Good Job!
I can already see that Samantha will LIKELY give you a "World's Greatest Mom" T-Shirt or Hat this NEXT Mother's Day. Wait and see. I bet she does it, as you are already exhibiting World's Best Mom characteristics. BTW- We would love to see the baby. If you could please just swing by so we could take a look at her, that would be super. (Just kidding, we don't actually expect you to do that.)
Love,
Kevin

Professional Shoe Collector said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! She is so beautiful! You two are going to be the best parents! Enjoy every minute! Hope to see you and Samantha soon!

Karli Cain

Angie said...

Congratulations! You're gonna have so much fun with her... good luck with the first few weeks!! You'll sleep again someday soon, I promise!

mbrantz said...

brother and carly,

i need an update. puhleaze this blog is getting boring. what is going on with the bean?

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! She is beautiful! Congrats you guys. You are going to be great parents!

Dave, quit playing Wii and go change some diapers!