Bed Rest Rebel

I am cautiously optimistic that we are going to have a baby this week! My doctor promises me that she will not be changing her mind this time around. I'm not sure I completely believe her, but if all goes as planned, I will be checking into the hospital Tuesday evening.

After the whole back and forth last week I was feeling frustrated and decided to begin a new "modified" version of bed rest. All of my test results were looking so good, my feet were not swollen, in all honesty, I was questioning my doctor's decision to have me on bed rest this whole time at all. My new version of bed rest included a brief walk around the block each day and getting out of the house once a day or so. I can't tell you what a huge difference this small amount of movement made. My mood improved and I was feeling semi-normal for the first time in weeks.

By Sunday I noticed that my feet had gone back to being fairly swollen -- today they were worse and my blood pressure was up at my doctor's appointment. Also, the doctor called this evening to tell me that my protein levels shot up from last week, almost 200 points. Okay, so she was right. The way I figure it, we all win. I now know that the bed rest was not done for nothing, I got a boost in my mood before delivery and now it is officially time for the baby to make her debut.

So, let's try this again! Hopefully we will have good news to share on Wednesday!!

1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

YES!! I'm praying that Our Heavenly Father will surround His loving arms around you and ask that you have a safe and speedy delivery. Loving Sammy's parents through this miraculous, wonderful time in your life! Grandma Gentry