Sorry, No Photos for You

Have I mentioned how well Dave is taking care of me these days? I want to preface this blog post by saying what a great guy Dave is. He is very smart, he's a great lawyer, he's funny, he is financially responsible. However, technologically savvy he is not...

When our friends began to text message, Dave was very unhappy. He did not understand how to text or how to check his text messages and what made him even more mad was that he got charged money for those messages that he never saw. I tried to teach him, but he still has not caught on. The same happened with instant messaging. I finally got him to download a program to his computer a few years ago and when I wrote to him he replied anxiously "DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM TYPING RIGHT NOW?"

The list goes on and on, he just has no interest in technology. He doesn't want to learn how to join the Facebook/MySpace revolution and he is downright nervous that I have this blog at all. He is sort of like a grandfather trapped in a 30 year old body, nervous of these new fads that the young folks are trying. I'm telling you this as we prepare for Samantha to come because until I am able to get on a computer, there will be no blog posting announcing her arrival, no pictures to show you what she looks like and no stories about how it all happened. He might be ready for a new daughter but he is not ready for the technology to share the news!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Hahah!! Carlita - you are just too cute! I love your blog, especially when you make fun of Dave. And I am so glad he is being a good supporter to you now. I am sending you lots of love from SF. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day, Dave. I know you will be a wonderful father to my granddaughter. I'm not very savy with the digital pictures either but I do fall into the "grandmother" catagory. Maybe Madeline would be willing to help you out.

GrandmaG said...

Dave-I can't do that stuff either, but I have GOT TO SEE a photo of Sammy Lee as soon as possible after birth. HELP SOMEBODY--my e-mail is lbgentry@sbcglobal.net
I'm getting pretty anxious for our baby to get here and that's putting it mildly. Love and PRAYERS, Grandma Gentry

Angie said...

Hey Carly - I can't tell if all of the grandparents are local... but if they are not, here's another technology for which Dave is not ready. Video chat. It's been great for us, and if you're curious, I'd recommend SightSpeed as a good video client. We got decent Logitech cameras, although if you use a Mac there's one already built in so you won't need it.