Notes from the Couch

I've officially made it through one full week of bed rest. I've had a few meltdowns because I just want to get up and go outside, but all and all I am doing just fine. I will say that being able to work has been really helpful - the company I work for, Return Path, is always incredibly flexible and full of caring people. They have been very understanding and the weekdays are much better than the weekends for me because at least I'm accomplishing something and participating in calls while I sit here.

I have been having a lot of contractions, yesterday it was about one every 10-15 minutes. When I went to the doctor this week she said I was 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated so really it could be any day now. I'm hoping she waits until next week - we have a lot of visitors coming to town this weekend for a baby shower! But, I figure she is teaching us early on that we don't get to make our own plans anymore.

2 comments:

GrandmaG said...

My precious granddaughter, it sounds like you're getting really close. Jeanine thought she was in labor last night-was leaking a little. Nurse said she had dropped.
Wouldn't it be something if both Lola & Sammy Lee were born on the same day. Your Uncle Barney's birthday is June 18. Your mother says she will not call me early in the am, but you will, won't you? Hugs and Love, Grandma G.

drpasser said...

Hi-We love hearing from you and it seems like you are doing great. We will call you soon.
Uncle Dr. Kevin & the Gang from MS