Bed Rest Can Be Fun Right?

I realized a few days ago that this blog had started to get a little depressing. Come on now, we have a baby coming soon, that is reason enough to celebrate! I am a firm believer that laughing at yourself and the circumstances you find yourself in can sometimes really help you through rough times. So today as I was getting wheeled in a wheelchair to an ultrasound at the hospital I thought how hilarious it was that one week I am doing my crazy boot camp class and running around and the next I am in a wheelchair getting ready to have a baby.

So, I have signs of preeclampsia which means I am swelling in my feet, hands (and recently my face!) and, I'm leaking protein from my kidneys. The only real cure for preeclampsia is delivery of the baby and since we are not quite ready for that yet, I have to be on strict bed rest for the next few weeks. The good news is that they predict from the ultrasound today that the baby is just over 5 lbs so if we can bake her a little longer, she will be in excellent shape.

There are certainly lessons to be learned here. I don't like to ask people for help but I can work on that during this time. I don't like to sit still for too long but I can now rest up for the baby. I can catch up on books I have wanted to read and finalize work I still need to transition. And, we can all see what happens when I let go of my obsession with laundry and give up my duties to Dave. Who would have thought that bed rest means NO laundry!?? Wish me luck...this should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you changed your avatar so that she's inside ;). Way to maintain a positive attitude!

Hang in there! I'll visit soon!
~esther :)