Naked Family Photos?

About a year ago my little sister showed me some pictures she had found of a teacher at her school who is also a friend of a friend of mine. My sister had found the picture on a professional photography site and it was a new family photo of this guy, his wife and their new baby. The only thing was, he wasn't wearing a shirt. We all got a good laugh about the photo wondering why in the world they would do the family portrait shirtless.

Fast forward to a week ago when our family friend and crazy photographer Cheryl came over to take pictures of Samantha and our family. After about 5 minutes she asked Dave to take his shirt off. Apparently these naked photos are now all the rage. I must say that Dave was quite a willing participant. When Cheryl asked me to take off my shirt a few minutes later I rolled my eyes and she quickly told me what a prude I was. Before you know it, there we all were, me, Dave and Samantha without our clothes on, posing for a family photo.

I did ask after awhile if we could get a decent amount of pictures taken with all of our clothes ON. I mean what in the world am I going to do with naked pictures? It makes it look like we all choose to disrobe on a Saturday afternoon and delight in our family unity...very Boulder. We got the pictures back a few days ago and while there are a lot of fantastic photos of Samantha, and some good (clothed) family shots, the naked photos are hysterical. I plan to lock them away but I will display a few for your enjoyment here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How often does Dave really hold Javier without any clothes on??? I particularly like that one.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! You look like you are living in a nudist colony!

Anonymous said...

I love that you still have your earrings on, Carly. It adds that nice little touch of class.
Miss you all.
-Bunny

Angie said...

Maybe next time you can shave Javier. He looks way too furry.