New Definition of Productivity

As my good friend Josh would say, "I make things happen for a living". I like to get things done and see results. However, with a new baby, a productive day is now greatly different than what it used to be. That's okay too, I am now responsible for another living person - feeding her, changing her and making sure she is happy is my primary priority these days.

But, I am doing my best to accomplish more every day. This week I started showering while Samantha slept. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but for the past 6 weeks I have showered when someone else could keep an eye on Samantha. I also shopped for my friend Annie's 30th birthday, wrapped her gifts and sent them all with Samantha at my side. And, we made a trip to the grocery store, to Target and for some nice long walks, just the two of us. It's funny how the little things feel like big accomplishments!

I am trying to soak up all of my time with Samantha and she is frequently smiling at me this week to remind how priceless every day is. If I can't get a shower in or we can't get everything done in a day, that is alright too.

No comments: