Party Girl

As I have mentioned before, we lucked out with an exceptionally easy baby. She sleeps on the go, she doesn't cry much and she is an overall happy girl. We are social people and we really haven't slowed down too much since Samantha has joined us. I didn't think much of it until our friend Andrew pointed it out, but we just pack Samantha up and bring her along everywhere we go. Most of our friends do not have babies so parties are still late but Samantha does not seem to mind. In fact, she is usually the hit of the party. I figure we should take advantage of this age when she can sleep in our arms and doesn't have a set bed time.

Samantha has been to a fashion show, out to eat all over town, to the bowling alley and to a handful of parties. This weekend, at Autumn and Mike's birthday party, someone who I had just met said to me "It's awfully late to have a baby out at a party". My initial reaction was to feel defensive but I decided instead to feel grateful for our sweet baby (that guy was obviously just jealous anyway). With parents like us, of course Samantha was destined to be a party girl. I will let you know how that works out for us in about 16 years.

No comments: