The beginning of....the beginning

I've had a number of people tell me that they remember in clear detail the week leading up to the birth of their children. I guess that would be pretty boring for me since I was on bed rest. I remember sneaking out to take a walk and watching a lot of television but I don't remember the details.

What I really remember like it was yesterday was Memorial Day weekend. Those were the days leading to bed rest and ultimately the birth of Samantha. It was a busy weekend with family and friends in town and I overdid it with way too many activities. That Tuesday after Memorial Day was my first trip to the hospital - ugh!

I have been feeling nostalgic as the weekend approaches. This year I'll be running the Boulder Bolder, but last year I was having my first early contractions while watching the race. This year I'll go to a BBQ and walk at the Creek fest like last year but hopefully this year it won't cause my feet to explode into little balloons.

Best of all, last year I was a giant pregnant person waddling around and this year I have a gorgeous little girl to show the fruits of my labor (literally!). I'm excited to show her Boulder during one of my favorite times of the year!

No comments: