Going Public and the Bridesmaid Dress

I recently read that to help with weight loss goals, Doctor Oz suggests (among other things) going public with your dieting plans to keep yourself motivated and accountable to your goals. So, I'm telling all of you, my faithful blog readers about my goal: 10 lbs and a nice fit in a yellow bridesmaid dress.

Dave's sister Molly is getting married to Brian Auld on February 27th. I am honored to be a bridesmaid in the wedding and have a very cute, sassy, yellow bridesmaid dress to wear for the occasion. When I originally ordered the dress it was much too small so I returned it for the next size up. When it arrived and was still a bit tight to zip up, I decided to keep it and did a quick diet test in September to make sure I could successfully fit in the dress. I accomplished that goal but since then, I have been eating and drinking to my heart's content during the holidays.

Now, I have less than two months to reach my goal. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

4 comments:

Carina Hedrick said...

You can do it! It is the BEST motivation. I did the same thing with Ashley's bridesmaid dress & my own! GO Go Go! I wish I had dress to squeeze into!

Sara Louise said...

I agree with Carina. You can definitely do it. However, you are beautiful right now just as you are. I know because I saw you last night. I am going to do a cleanse soon. Maybe I'll go public to stay motivated. Oh wait, I just did. xoxoxo

Angie said...

I'm cheering you on. While drinking my second Guiness of the night. For what it's worth, did you know that Guiness is a remarkably low-calorie beer? Good luck!

GrandmaG said...

Carly, I think you are perfect. I can't imagine you any smaller, but if you need to lose for the dress, guess that's ok. Much love, Grandma