Slacking

Not sure what my problem has been, just not in the blogging mood I guess. We have been busy and I do have some updates to share.

Samantha had her 18 month check up which she absolutely hated. The doctor assured us that this is one of the worst ages for doctor's visits, she is already weary of strangers and strangers who poke and prod are even worse, she cried hysterically the entire time we were there. She continues to be perfectly average with her height (45%) and now weight (55%) and of course he head is giant and in the 97 percentile.

I went to South Beach for Molly's bachelorette party and while I had a great time in warmer weather, Samantha had a fun weekend with the guys. She hung out with Dad, Andrew and Josh, went to Pearl Street, ate well and shopped. Three men and a baby.

On MLK day, Samantha, Judy, Sara and I went to the Stock show. From very early on, Samantha has been in love with animals, particularly dogs. We thought she would love the petting farm and checking out the livestock. She started out great checking on a cow, sheep and a few pigs in stalls. Then as we were meandering through about 100 cages of chickens, turkeys, ducks, etc. a rooster started crowing very loudly and Samantha went into hysterics. It was pretty much downhill from there. Later in the week she saw a rooster on television and once again burst into tears. She will probably be scarred for life.

2 comments:

GrandmaG said...

I have been checking frequently for your blog. I was so happy to hear from you and see Sammy's photo in the hat. I must teach her to say "ya'll" :) I'm sorry about the rooster incident. Maybe in time she will forget. Love you, Grandma

Grandma Ava said...

Samantha and I went by Petsmart on Thursday and took a quick look at the "mice" and birds there, and she was NOT happy to see them either.