Hard Worker

We just finished our third consecutive wedding weekend.  We have one weekend off and then we will back at it.  I am proud to say at that last two weddings I was still on the dance floor for the final song, not bad for a pregnant lady right?  And more importantly, Samantha had another hugely successful stint as flower girl at Sara and Mike's wedding.

During the rehearsal I must say I was quite concerned about how she would do.  She refused to walk down the makeshift aisle, would not hold hands with the other flower girl or ring bearers, was unbearably clingy to me and generally was not going to participate in anything.

This little girl is full of surprises.  At the actual wedding, here she came rounding the corner with a big smile,  holding hands with the ring bearers (who could blame her, they are cute!).  All four of the kids got on to the stage but it was Samantha was stayed, making sure that she had thrown every last flower.  Before exiting the stage she pulled her dress over her head and she proceeded to chatter through the entire ceremony, yelling repeatedly "Hi Mom!".  As my father in law commented at the end of the wedding "Remember when we were in a rush for her to talk?".   
Serious about her duties

Hard at work spreading her flowers before the bride arrives

2 comments:

Judy said...

It must run in the family. Molly, too, lifted up her dress over her head when she was a flower girl in Mike and Wendy's wedding!

GrandmaG said...

I wish I could have been there. I agree with Jim about her talking. I've never had a grandgirl that didn't get in trouble at school for talking. I hope I live long enough for when that happens to Sammy. So I can say, "I told you so" Hugs, Grandma