Pay Up Grandma

Today, as my data was being transferred to a new computer at work, my mom convinced me we should sneak to Denver and hit up the 3D ultrasound office where they promised we could do a gender test at 15-16 weeks.  Sure enough, they were able to get a very clear picture of our healthy baby moving around, waving a bit and then revealing her gender.

Yes, that's right, it's ANOTHER girl!

If my count is correct, this baby will be the 23rd consecutive girl born on my Mom's side of the family since my Papa and his brother.  I'm going to do an official list and do a bit of PR to see what kind of coverage this gets.  Surely it's a world record right? 

I am extremely excited for another girl.  I already know I love having a girl, it certainly makes it easy with a fully stocked wardrobe and I think it will be special for Samantha to have a sister.  Dave will have his hands full with his Brantz girls, but he is up for the challenge (of all three of us!).

3 comments:

GrandmaG said...

I spent 1 hour & 45 minutes on the phone today telling everyone I was expecting my 15th girl. My sister, Lola & my brother Jack, tell me how very blessed I am. Afterall my 14 girls are all healthy,smart, &
beautiful. I'm sure Sammy's sister will be too. That is really something to praise God for and I do. I am happy to "pay up." Counting my blessings tonight & offering congratulations to Dave, Carly and Sammy. Hugs & Kisses, from "Great Ma"

GrandmaG said...

P.S. Carly--this baby girl will be # 23. Bub has 1 daughter, 2 grand-
daughters, and expecting his 5th great granddaughter. Danielle has 1 girl and Andrea is expecting her
4th girl. That would be 23 girls for Mom & Dad Allen. Yes, I agree--when Sammy's sister gets here, we need to get this on record somewhere. Love you, Grandma

grandma ava said...

Dear Uncle Brian,
You can just apply the $50,000 to Madeline's college. I won't even charge you interest.