Dismissed

We have officially been dropped from the speech therapy program that Samantha was in.  This is wonderful news and Samantha has been excelling with her speech and chatting away.  Not only that, but our speech therapist Janine feels that her pronunciation is excellent and she has surpassed milestones expected  for an average two year old by adding strings of words together. Janine came for the last time on Monday and it was certainly bittersweet.  I can't say enough good things about Janine, the skills she taught us, and the Dayspring program in general.   I also give so much credit to my mom for consistently taking Samantha to all the classes and activities through the program that encouraged her development. 

With new strides in speech, means that Samantha has begun to say some really hilarious stuff.  About a week ago, Samantha was putting up quite a fight at bedtime.  Dave went in to her room to see if he could get her to sleep and the next morning when I was getting her up I asked her why she was so upset the night before.  She told me "Dad singing song, Dad singing Stewball.  No more Stewball."  I have talked about the importance of Stewball here, but we've never talked about it with Samantha.  Apparently she associates that song with bed time now. 

She also told my mom impatiently the other day "Hold on a second!" as she pointed her finger at her.  Then, last night I was reading her a book before bed and I yelled to the other room "Dave, could you bring us a shake?" and Samantha repeated with a shout "DAVE! Bring shake!"

No comments: