Clockwork

Just as I entered the third trimester, I began to feel much more uncomfortable.  At the gym I somehow did something to myself that made me feel like I had cracked the center of my pelvic bone, making most movements and even sitting, painful.  I have terrible heartburn, I can't sleep, I'm grouchy and the list goes on.  Overall, I believe it is a warning to me to take it easy and listen to my body, and this sweet baby.  She by the way, is a wild kicker like her sister was, although I don't remember Samantha moving and kicking so much while I attempt to sleep. 

We spent last weekend clearing out space and bringing out baby gear to prepare for the new baby.  I've heard people joke that the best decorated room in every young couple's house is the bedroom for their first child.  So much planning and anticipation goes into the bedroom layout, paint and furniture.  I'm not the most crafty person but I'm trying to be very sensitive to giving the second baby as much creativity as I can muster so Dave and I spent time with an art project for the baby's room.  Photos to come soon.

We also went shopping for a big girl bed for Samantha which we will move her into after Thanksgiving.   Busy times around here!  Samantha is very grown up these days and continues to crack us up with the things she says.  As we were eating dinner at Josh's house this week, she exclaimed "this is delicious!" And, yes you are all right, the child who I was worried would never talk, chatters about non-stop these days.  She sings, she tells stories and I have to remind her not to stay up too late reading out loud to herself in her crib. 

No comments: