Baby Bliss

Through emails, Facebook posts and word of mouth most of you know by now but our beautiful daughter Carina Jean Brantz arrived on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 8:09 am.  She weighed in at 7lbs 3 oz and is 19 inches long. 

She is beautiful and tiny with a head of dark hair and an adorable dimple like her Daddy.  Of course we can already tell that she has a very sweet temperament and is perfect in every way.  If I forgot, all the wonders of being a new mom came right back to me and I love to hold her, to stare at her and soak in all of her sweetness.

Samantha has been an amazing big sister.  She is gentle with Carina, is teaching her the ropes and giving her lots of love pats and kisses.  She continually comments on how cute Carina is and asks me how I'm doing with a - "Mom, are you feeling alright?".

The entire birth experience and c-section were night and day to what I went through last time and every day I keep saying how good I'm feeling.  Of course it is still surgery and I'm pretty worn out from a walk down the hall, but I am up and about and doing good.  My milk is in and we are off to a good start with the feeding as well.  Looks like we will be home by Friday and I'm looking forward to starting life with our family of four - I am feeling so incredibly blessed. 

3 comments:

Great Ma said...

Congratulations to Dave, Carly & Samantha on the arrival of our sweet baby, Carina Jean. Carly, you express yourself so well. You are wonderful. You should be a writer. I can't wait to see her. Love & hugs to you all, Grandma

April said...

She is really beautiful Carly!

One piece of advice about your surgery...try and take it really easy the next few weeks! I took a lot longer to heal this time around, I think because I was holding Audrey all the time too, and not just lying around in bed with the baby. It is hard not to pick up the older sister and carry her around too, especially when faced with the guilt of trying to give equal attention to all...but I think it added several weeks to my recovery, and made it more painful for longer.

Congratulations and I can't wait to meet her.

Angie said...

Congratulations and best wishes and happy happy and all the rest - you are in for an exciting chapter in the fun and amazing ride of parenthood... Enjoy it!