When it Rains it Pours

I promise you I'm not a hypochondriac although lately I'm not sure what is going on. 

About a week ago when all of my contractions really started gearing up, Samantha came down with her first case of the stomach bug.  Poor thing, it seemed to last about 24 hours - she threw up all over me in the middle of the night but after a few days she seemed back to her old self and we assumed we were all in the clear.  

Yesterday it hit me.  Just when I thought that things couldn't get more uncomfortable than having contractions every few minutes, I was throwing up every few minutes with those contractions.  I really, really did not want to return to the hospital but I did call the doctor to make sure I wasn't putting the baby in harms way.  She reassured me that it should pass within 24 hours and truly, in the last few hours I have been feeling like I am going to survive.

Dave just arrived home early from work - the evil bug has caught him as well now. We just need to get this out of the way before Monday morning right? Wish us luck!  Hopefully I won't have anything more to report until Monday, and then it will be all fabulous news about our new baby girl!      

1 comment:

Great Ma said...

Carly, I know you know the scripture that says God will not put more on us than we can take, but sometimes, I feel we need to ask God to slow down. I'm waiting, NOT patiently;) but eagerly for our precious new baby girl. Love you much, Grandma