Amethyst Birthstone

Was back to the hospital for the majority of the day today with painful contractions every few minutes.  According to the doctor, there are strict guidelines that they can't do c-sections until 39 weeks no matter how frequent and/or painful the contractions if I don't dilate more. I have remained the same.  I am still booked for first thing next Monday morning, February 7th.

Being an eternal optimist, I figure there has to to be a top ten list I can come up with here for waiting another week so here goes...

10. One week of waiting is nothing after 6 weeks of bed rest.
9.  Who wants to have a baby when it is below zero outside?
8. A nice, long, morphine induced nap was well worth my time at the hospital today.
7. I'm looking to set a record for biggest baby in the family.
6. Carina doesn't want to share a birthday with anyone else in the family.
5. I don't like the doctor who was on call today, next Monday's doc is much better.
4.  I always like being hooked up to the monitors to get validation of my contractions.
3.  I think I can squeeze in getting one more prenatal massage this week. 
2.  We want this baby to bake and be as healthy as possible.

and the number one reason it is better to wait one more week - 
1.  Amethyst is a far better birthstone than garnet. 

3 comments:

Jana said...

Our Blizzard of 2011 is giving me the chance to catch up with your progress. Bless your heart, what a month you've had in January. February will be MUCH better and that gorgeous amethyst stone in your Mother's Ring will be beautiful! I hope you don't count me in your determination for biggest babies. Katie was 9 lbs, 6 oz; and a wonderful February baby, too. I hope Carina gets here before Katie's birthday (2/10)- sounds like she will - and not as big as Katie.
I have some great things about big babies for you to think about while you wait: They have bigger appetites so their feeding times can be spaced out a bit further, and are able to sleep longer at a time. (Katie slept 4 hours or more at a time after the first week) They are large enough that they are on the upper end of the percentile charts so if they loose an ounce or two, you don't have to stress. They are big enough to feel like you can hold them securely. Hang in there, Carly. She'll be here before you know it. And - I vote for the "amethyst" outfit.

Great Ma said...

Carly, my dear sweet grand-
daughter, You are delightful! One of my favorite Bibles scriptures is Phil 4:8 "Whatever is true,what-ever is noble,right,pure,lovely,
admirable,--if anything is excellent, or praiseworthy,--THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS!" In other words, think on the good. That is what you have done. I love it and I love you. Grandma P.S. I like the amethyst stone better also. At least you mother won't have to buy the January stone. You two are so funny.

rosie said...

not long to go now then! :D another vote for the amethyst birthstone here too - better than garnet if not all of the other gemstones! fingers crossed for you :) x