Growing and Growing

Samantha can tell you that "Carina is growing and growing and soon she will come out and I'll be a BIG sister!" When we first talked about a new baby with Samantha I wasn't sure she really understood the concept.  After all, the idea of a baby growing in mom's stomach is pretty weird.  But, as we get closer I really do think she generally understands what is going to happen and certainly talks about it all the time. 

Yesterday at my regular doctor's appointment they were a bit concerned because I was measuring smaller than my last appointment.  They did an ultrasound just to be sure everything was fine.  Turns out that Carina was in a precarious position (tell me about it!) and was over to the side.  Rather than being small she is turning out to be quite big, about a week ahead of schedule.  They are estimating that she is close to 6 pounds already.  We will see how big she turns out to really be but it makes me laugh every time I think about it.  How in the world do Dave and I make these big babies?

And during the ultrasound the doctor pointed out Carina's full head of hair.  I told her that I have had the heartburn to prove the wives tale true that hair causes heartburn. I'm getting so excited to meet this sweet baby and see what she looks like!

3 comments:

JMM said...

I can't wait to see what she looks like too! And my prediction is that full head of hair is all blonde just like her mom and grandma.

Great Ma said...

Carly, I am so anxious too. But I feel she will look like Samantha. And that hair will be dark. But one thing I do know for sure, is that she won't be a redhead!! :)Thinking of you eveyday. Love you much, Grandma
P.S. When she is about 6 weeks old, I am coming to see her in person.

drpasser said...

I am also very very excited to se Catina.