Holiday Recap

We had a jam packed holiday season and I'm worn out.  Just as I imagined, Samantha loved every minute. 

Hanukkah was early this year and Samantha got a very special castle menorah from Grammy and Pops.  She wanted to light the candles as soon as she woke up every morning and constantly was asking me "Should we play dreidel now?"   I was concerned that once Hanukkah was over we were going to have a tough time explaining that she would no longer be receiving a present every day but she took it all in stride. 

Then we had Christmas! Samantha is at a particularly fun age for the whole excitement of Santa and we took advantage of using the bribery of Santa to get her to do things leading up to Christmas - all you had to do was mention Santa and she would start behaving good again.  She visited Santa and made it clear that she would like dishes this year. 

She received so many wonderful presents throughout the month - a barn, a dollhouse, clothes, art supplies, an easel, etc.  But, her big gift from Santa was a fully stocked kitchen complete with dishes, food, pots, pans and more which she absolutely adores.  

And, best of all, I'm feeling like as a family, we have really got this holiday celebration down now.  I've mentioned before that when Dave and I first started living together, it was a challenge trying to figure out what felt comfortable to both of us.  But I think we have it figured out now and can simply enjoy all the fun of both holidays with our extended family as well. 

2 comments:

drpasser said...

Very Nice..!!

Great Ma said...

Carly, you are a wonderful mother. I so love your blog and you. Now that the holidays are over, we can direct our attention on Carina's arrival. I'm so excited. Happy New Year! Love you much, Grandma