Home Stretch

Here I am today, in my 33 week of pregnancy.  It is hard not to compare this pregnancy to last.  In my last pregnancy I was on bed rest by this time so I've been a bit on edge lately.  However, I went to the doctor this morning and everything is looking good.  My blood pressure is low, no swelling, I'm not leaking protein and the baby's heart rate is perfect.  As the doctor said, this is just going to be a different kind of pregnancy for me.

I have still been trying to keep up with my Boulder ways, I've been taking a weekly prenatal yoga class, a weekly prenatal swim class and I'm still trying to get to boot camp once a week.  I have to say, that swim class is my favorite time of the week.  The whole time I just tell the teacher how good I feel.  It really is a good workout and the buoyancy seems to take all my aches and pains away. 

Much to the dismay of the Boulder moms in my classes, I have opted to schedule another c-section.  In many parts of the country, a c-section is mandatory.  In Boulder, my doctors would let me try not to but after what I went through last time, we all felt that it is the best option for me to go with a c-section.  Right now, we are on the books for February 7, 2011.  

2 comments:

Patty said...

You look so great! I am happy that this pregnancy is going so well for you. Jordan, Riley, Cory and Avery are excited to have a new cousin soon!

Great Ma said...

Carly, You look great. I ran off your photo. I'm proud of you for staying in good shape. Love you much, Grandma